New year, new interns! It is our pleasure to welcome our two new Event Associate Interns and welcome them to the team! Get to know our latest dynamic duo Leigh Friedman and Maddie Prior-Hull:
Leigh Friedman is a senior at Quinnipiac University from Philadelphia. Pending graduation in May, she will be receiving her Bachelor’s Degree in Strategic Communications. While Quinnipiac was not where she intended on going to college, four years later it has proven to be the perfect fit through and through due to the communications school and the strong connections she has made. Leigh is a public relations major because of the many aspects that PR allows one to dabble in- whether that be her prior internship experience in nonprofit or entertainment, to now event planning at East of Ellie!
With that being said, Leigh is most looking forward to this internship experience as you can hear the positivity radiate from her voice when she talks about the East of Ellie name. Still unsure of where her path may lead, she is hopeful of ending up on the west coast, aka the best coast in the Bay Area working in Fashion PR or Event Planning.
- Her dog is named Waldo, after the Where’s Waldo books!
- She is a huge SoulCycle enthusiast and has ridden in over four cities.
- She is a bigtime foodie- Leigh has her own food instagram, give @thehungryblonde_ a follow!
- Looks can be deceiving, but she is actually a sports studies minor!
- Leigh is extremely philanthropic and has participated in various service trips in third-world countries.
Maddie Prior-Hull is a senior at Fairfield University, originally from the Boston area. In May, she will be receiving her B.A in Marketing and Psychology. She chose Fairfield based on their academic standing and their well-known business school, The Dolan School of Business. She is still unsure of what the future holds for her, but event planning seemed like a perfect match to start her endeavors! She likes to work with people and bring happiness to others, so what better way to do that than plan fun, exciting events for people! She couldn’t be more excited to start planning and learn as much as she can in these next few months from the East Of Ellie team.
- Swimming was her favorite sport as a child and she swam into college competitively.
- She is a huge Boston Red Sox fan, sorry Yankees fans.
- She wants to own a Bernese Mountain dog or a Golden Retriever one day.
- Her dream house would be on the beach in Malibu, California. Dream big, right?!
- She loves to travel and would like to do more traveling in the future. She spent her junior year living in London, England first semester and Florence, Italy her second semester. It was quite the life!
Want to know more on the East of Ellie team? www.eastofellie.com/about