There comes a moment in every event planner’s life where they realize they are a special kind of crazy. Maybe it’s when extra event supplies start avalanching out of your trunk, or when you realize you haven’t had a Sunday off in over a month. Either way, we love to embrace our insane yet fantastic lives that we have living the career we have chosen for ourselves.
Here are 25 ways to you know you are an event planner to the core:
- Almost every item in your closet is the color black
- When shopping for shoes you factor in comfort just as much as style
- The barista’s at the coffee shop know your order by heart
- You are caught on your phone, with your ipad close by and on and your laptop open
- At any event you attend, you can’t help but to lend a hand or fix a crooked linen
- Everyone responds to hearing your job title as “Oh, how fun!” You wish it was that easy.
- Making plans even months in advance still require you to check your calendar
- You know all the venues in your area inside and out
- Excel is your second language
- Your emergency kit contains the most random items, but have all saved the day one time or another
- Others often find themselves in awe of how organized you are on a daily basis
- A snack can always be found in your purse incase you are found working hours without a break
- Your desk is overflowing with past event swag
- Networking comes as second nature
- Nothing else excites you professionally more than event day
- You can pick out another event planner in a crowd just by their personality
- A regular 9-5 schedule is a thing of the past
- “That’s not my job” doesn’t exist in your vocabulary
- You can fix just about anything with a piece of duct tape
- Every family vacation has an itinerary whether the other members like it or not
- Plan B exists in every aspect of your life
- The to-do list seems to get longer every day
- Nightmares consist of no attendees showing up and bad hors d’oeurves
- Notebooks can be found by your bed, in your car, and three at your desk
- You have a sigh of relief after every successful event and realize how much you love what you do.
If you can relate, it’s official – you’re a full-blown event planner. Share this with a fellow event planner to see just how much you have in common!