Valentine’s day is almost here, and if you’re clueless about what to get your valentine or how to spend the holiday, look no further.
What you won’t find on our list is flowers or chocolate that your sweetie has received every year since Elementary school. We’re talking about the best Valentine’s day ideas and that support causes and non-profit organizations.
- Love Your Heart Jewelry – By purchasing any jewelry, gemstones, or collectable gifts, 10% of the sale is directly donated to the American Heart Association.
- Go on a date that will support a cause – If you plan on going out to dinner anyway, you should take a minute to search the web for restaurants that are doing something charitable with the profits from that night’s meal. It is also a great opportunity to support a small business restaurant in your community.
- Volunteer with your Valentine – This year, choose an activity that means a lot to you and your Valentine, and volunteer. It will bring you closer together by doing good for others.
- Wine for a Cause – Before you plan a romantic night in, be sure the wine you uncork is doing more than just setting the mood. OneHOPE wine supports over a dozen major causes that help people in need all over the world. See all of their valentine’s day gift packages here.
- Fall in Love with a Cause – Ditch the typical Valentine’s day tradition and use the money you would have spent on flowers and donate it to a cause instead. Search for a list of local non-profits and choose which organization means the most to you. Be sure they give most or all of their donations directly to the ones who need it!
Spend this holiday not only showing your love to your Valentine, but also showing love for others in need. Pick out a gift ahead of time or plan a cause-oriented date that will mean the world to more than just your special someone. Click here to check out our Valentines gift inspired Pinterest board.