DIRECTOR OF EVENT LOGISTICS + PRODUCTION
Reporting to Emily Chalk Battaglia – Senior Managing Partner
Structure: Full time, M-F + event days. Some travel required.
Location: Shelton, CT
East of Ellie is looking for a full-time, in-house logistics guru to work closely with our team to create captivating virtual/hybrid and in the future, IRL events. The ideal candidate will not only possess excellent planning skills but also the ability to work independently and collaborate with a team and has a strong background in all things event production. This role will be focused on virtual/digital events for the first half of 2021 with an eye for the future to hybrid and in-real-life events into 2022.
WHO YOU ARE
– Passionate about the events industry.
– Out of the box thinker that often says, “but what if we did it like this?”
– Total. Planning. Nerd. You geek out over spreadsheets, timelines, and deliverables.
– A process junkie, you believe organization, workflow management, and team communication are essential to the planning process. You seek out improvements to increase efficiency and improve event outcomes.
WHAT YOUR DAY-TO-DAY LOOKS LIKE
– Logistics will be at the core of your day-to-day to-do’s. Vendor management, internal project management, one day you could be sourcing a venue in New York City, stay-at-home kits with unique gifts for event attendees and the next executing a large scale virtual event on Zoom. The sky’s the limit for this event logistics position.
– Multi-tasking and juggling multiple projects at one time is a must in the events world. You’ll need to be a creative thinker and problem-solver to excel in this role.
– Project management is a superpower for you. You excel at communicating and tracking critical milestones and deadlines.
– Clearly communicate and have a plan for when Plan A doesn’t work out. Complete projects by coordinating with team members and communicating progress to proper stakeholders.
– Effectively engage and communicate with clients and team members in a collaborative work environment.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
– 4+ years of corporate event planning experience, event agency experience strongly preferred.
– Expert knowledge of production and event execution. Production background and or virtual experience is a must.
– The ability to take a company’s brand guidelines and execute creative event initiatives that meet the clients’ criteria but also demonstrate out of the box thinking.
– Work with vendors to make our plans for events (IRL + Virtual) come to life.
– Self-motivated independence and a drive for quality and consistency.
– Ability to love and be loved by all things Google Doc related.
Please send your resume and cover letter link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only serious applicants will be considered.
East of Ellie, an events co. is an equal opportunity employer.