In the movie The Sound of Music Julie Andrews sings all about her favorite things.
At EOE we share the same feelings that Julie Andrew does, but they are for our tools and technology that we use everyday. We took a few steps back to identify the five things event planners like us cannot live without. Check out our favorites, you never know what new work tips you can learn from our small business.
1. Evernote: Evernote is critical to EOE. All conversations and team meetings revolve around what we input into Evernote. For those of you who don’t know, Evernote is an online system that lets you keep track of all notes, documents, images, pictures, etc in one central location. You can sign into Evernote via their app or website and can be accessed anywhere at the touch of a bottom.
2. Starbucks: Now I know this seems obvious, but Starbucks is much more to the EOE team than caffeinated refreshment. Our daily trip to Starbucks allows us to take a walk together, get some fresh air, and reset our minds. It’s a great “mental moment” as our #Tweetles like to say.
3. Sharpies: Oh the magical Sharpie. This is something that Emily has been obsessing over since she was just a little girl. We have every color imaginable in our office. We use them to mark up documents, write stickies, add quotes to our ever growing quote board, and so much more.
4. Bertha, the Laminator: Our laminator, or as we affectionately call, Bertha, is the pride and joy of the office supply closet. Believe it or not, she gets us out of some sticky event situations time and time again. We use it for badges, tickets and signage. It’s great asset when you are under the wire and don’t have the time for an emergency run to Kinkos.
5. Adobe CS5: Last but certainly not least, we have Danielle’s favorite, CS5. Photoshop and Illustrator are used daily at the EOE offices to create renderings and diagrams of our events. It’s a great way to help your clients visualize the ideas you have for their event. We also use it to produce collateral needs for our clients. Oh, and we like to play jazz while we use it.
Check out our Pinterest Board to see more of our favorite event planning things that we could just not live without.