Halloween is a time of year when everyday people can be super heroes, bloodthirsty zombies, or their favorite comic book characters.
At the EOE offices we could all agree (except Cindy – sorry Cindy) that one of our favorite things about the Halloween season was the Disney movie Hocus Pocus. We even find ourselves doing the Sanderson sisters walk from time to time around the office.
Being event planners extraordinaire, you can imagine the natural next step for us is to create a Hocus Pocus themed event. Here are some great tips on creating your own Hocus Pocus themed event for Halloween.
- Black is the new black: in the movie both the Zachary Binks and the Virgin Candle were black. Use black in fun and different ways around your party like black candles, cutlery and plates.
- Salt: salt circles were the only thing that could save the ever-desirable children in the movie from the Sanderson sisters. Think of salt inspired treats and drinks that bring back the memories. If you feel like being really creative, create salt designs on counter tops and outside areas. You never know when the Sanderson sisters may be flying overhead.
- Quiz your guests: Ask guests to figure out what Sanderson sister they are. Disney has an awesome quiz that can be displayed easily at your event. Click here to check it out or you can find it on our Pinterest board.
- Hocus Pocus playlist: this may be one of our all time favorite event ideas – ever. The Sanderson sisters did a great performance hexing the parents at the Halloween ball. Why not make a little music playlist of your own? We took the inspiration from 1993. Here are some song suggestions:
- The ever popular “I put a spell on you” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDidHzwYu3E
- Tag Team: Whoomp! (There it is)
- Wreckx-N-Effect: Rump Shaker
- Snap: Rhythum is a Dancer
- Meat Loaf: I’d Do Anything for Love
- Naughty by Nature: Hip Hop Hooray
- Ace of Base: All the She Wants
Make sure you have plenty of witches brew, salt and brooms ready for your party guests, and let us know how your event goes! Send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll include them in a future post. For inspiration ideas for your Hocus Pocus event check out our Pinterest board.