The holiday shopping season is almost over, but if you are a last minute shopper or still need to check off a few items on your gift list, consider purchasing something different than a goofy patterned tie or another funky smelling perfume for your loved ones.
We’re talking gifts that support causes and non-profit organizations that your family and friends will love – and that you’ll feel great buying. ‘Tis the season for giving not only to ones on your list, but also ones that need it the most.
Check out our list below of favorite gifts for causes.
1. Handmade Accessories from 31 Bits – The beads used to make their handmade necklaces and bracelets are entirely made of recycled paper! The materials are sourced from East Africa and are constructed by Ugandan women.
2. Skyy Vodka Winter Star Cocktail Shaker – Proceeds from each shaker will benefit The Creative Coalition, an organization that supports First Amendment rights, arts advocacy, and public education.
3. JCrew’s Teach for America Tee or Tote – 100% of proceeds from these products support Teach for America, a nonprofit organization that trains and places recent college graduates and professionals in under-resourced communities nationwide to help ensure that all kids receive an excellent education.
4. Northern Lights Scarf – Handmade by women in Agra, sales provide medical and educational support in the remote area of India.
5. One Hope Wine – Each bottle of wine is associated with a different nonprofit organization. Choose your favorite type of wine, and half of its proceeds will go to non-profit organizations such as “End Childhood Hunger”, “Support Our Troops”, “Help Children with Autism” and more.
1. Watch from 1:Face Watch – Each colored watch supports a different cause such as Cancer, Hunger, Aids, Education, Environment and more.
2. Warby Parker Glasses: – For each pair of glasses purchased, one is distributed to someone in need. This year alone they have distributed 500,000 pairs of glasses.
3. Micheal Kors “Watch Hunger Stop” Hand Watch – Michael Kors has partnered with the United Nations World Food Programme and has helped deliver over 2 million meals.
4. Perpetual Kid’s Dedicate a Tree Gift – An out of the box, environmentally friendly gift. With this gift you can choose where you’d like your tree to be planted in the UK for an area in need of forestation.
5. Will Ferrell’s Sun Stroke Sunscreen – This hilariously designed sunscreen donates 100% of its proceeds to the Cancer for College Scholarship Fund.
You can find more Holiday Gift’s for a Cause Ideas on our Pinterest Board here. Happy Shopping!