As event planners, let’s face it, we LIVE for event day. There is this euphoric feeling of satisfaction (or horror) depending at what point of the event you are in.
Event day is when you have the last opportunity to make your event everything it was meant to be – no pressure, right?
As a sequel to our previous post You Know You’re an Event Planner When… we’re breaking down those precious moments when you realize, it must be EVENT DAY. Hours upon hours of work are put into the planning process of this day – event planners, this is what we’ve been training for.
You know it’s Event Day when…
- You barely slept the night before
- You start the day feeling 60% excitement and 40% anxiety
- Outfit of the day: black on black on black
- A hearty breakfast is a must, no cereal is going to fuel the day you’re about to have. (Bacon Egg and Cheese is an EOE tradition) BUT forget being able to eat the rest of the day – so enjoy that sandwich.
- You get to the event early to have a little “alone” time, but that never ends up working out.
- You thank your lucky stars that you paid the little extra for a cell phone internet hot spot
- Your phone has never seen more calls from numbers that are not stored as contacts, (good morning vendors!)
- You will pick up and carry more than one thing you “weren’t supposed to”
- Your clipboard becomes your favorite accessory
- You will be told about something you’ve never heard about from your client. You will smile, and put it on your to-do list.
- Every moment your pen creates a check mark on your checklist is pure satisfaction
- You hear your name called from every corner, cranny, hallway and doorway, all day long.
- You will misplace everything you need: clipboard, cell phone, pens and sharpies are just a few that come to mind.
- The supplies box contains binder clips, glue sticks, t-pins, duct tape and some weird squiggly things, and you’ve used every one of them.
- You will tweak, fluff, move, clean and modify anything and everything until your vision is perfect.
- Your meeting planner office, which at one point was organized with event supplies and snacks, will look like a hurricane hit it.
- You know every security code, light switch, bathroom, temperature control and exit in the event space.
- Your FitBit steps are off the charts!
- Your legs will ache, your feet will feel numb, but somehow you just keep going.
- You take a quick moment to embrace the sadness that it’s all over. Then you rally, and get ready for the next one.
Want to see some of the glory photos from our events? Check out www.eastofellie.com/gallery.