This may just be our biggest summer ever here at EOE! Not only have our team members Karen and Cindy been killing it since their big promotions, but we have not one, not two, but THREE amazing new interns joining the team this summer. Our team is bigger and better than ever, and we really need it, because Ellie’s got a lot on her calendar this summer — you’re gonna want to stay tuned.
In the meantime, let’s meet these new party people:
Junior Event Planner
Kiana is a senior at Pace University in Westchester. She’s an Advertising and Integrated Marketing Communications Major with a minor in Special Events Marketing. She started in the event planning business when she was only 16, when she worked at Star Factory in Stratford & Trumbull CT hosting children’s birthday parties. This is where her love for event planning was born! During her junior year of college she worked at Westchester Magazine as a Marketing Intern, assisting in the planning and execution of all events. She gained hands on experience by contacting vendors, promoting events, and attending/working on site at the events.
She is beyond excited to work at EOE this summer! She hopes to gain more hands on experience, channel her inner creativity, and learn more about what goes into planning legendary events.
- She is 100% Persian! Her parents both came here from Iran when they were teenagers — she’s a first generation American!
- Fitness & food — two of her greatest passions
- She is obsessed with purses
- She’s California Dreamin’ of living in Cali one day
Want to know more about Kiana? Check out her LinkedIn Profile!
Junior Event Planner
Siobhan is a senior at the University of Alabama. She’s majoring in Hospitality Management with a concentration in Events/Meetings Management. She previously worked at Amy Champagne Events, a wedding planning company, as a summer intern. There she worked the day of weddings by assisting in preparation, helping with the bride, transportation, and pretty much anything else that was needed to be done! She also holds a position in her sorority, Alpha Omicron Pi, as Senior/Alumnae Relations chair in which she plans senior week activities as well as various events for our alumnae to come back and visit! She cannot wait to learn about all that goes on behind the scenes with planning legendary events for EOE!
- She spends most of her time at the beach
- She’s an aspiring globetrotter — her most recent destinations? Ireland and Italy
- Her teams: the NY Jets and Alabama football — Roll Tide!
- She’s 100% Irish — if you’re wondering, yes, her name is Gaelic
Want to know more about Siobhan? Check out her LinkedIn Profile!
Marketing & Events Associate
Nicole is a senior at Roger Williams University. She stared out as an English/Education Double major, and quickly realized that was not her destiny. Now she’s a Creative Writing Major with a double minor in Arts Management and Graphic Design Communications and loving every minute of it!
Nicole has been an Events Coordinator for the RWU Creative Writing Department for the last 2 years, and this is where she fell in love with events — from brainstorming fun and cool event ideas to keeping on top of the chaos in the time leading up to the day-of. This past spring, she was helping to coordinate events for the Rhode Island International Film Festival, and is hungry for more! Interning with East of Ellie this summer was an obvious next step for her.
She’s excited to show the world what we’ve been up to on EOE’s social media (if you aren’t following us on Instagram @eastofellie, Twitter @EASTOFELLIE, and Facebook you’re probably missing out) and use her creativity and management skills to take on the many events and marketing challenges East of Ellie has in store for her.
- She is the Screenwriting, Events & PR Chair for the RWU Film Production Collaborative — a fancy-sounding job that mostly consists of making everyone sit still long enough for an instagram pic
- Her phone is filled up mostly with pictures of her two cats
- In her freetime, you can find her at a game night with her friends, getting them all to agree on dinner plans
- Online shopping is her greatest weakness
Want to know more about Nicole? Check out her LinkedIn Profile!
Big dreams for event planning bliss? Send us a note, we’d love to chat.