East of Ellie’s Style Series is back! This time- what’s the 411? If you attended Advertising Week 2019 in New York City, you couldn’t miss our vibrant “Back To The 90’s” themed exhibition for Adobe.
In collaboration with Zeez Louize, we traveled back in time to create a destination that gave more than 1,200 speakers and 100,000 attendees an area to power up or hang out in this themed lounge. If you’re looking to host a 90’s themed event with all the best throwbacks or just want to brighten up a room in your home with some cool childhood nostalgia, we are here to make your life easy. This Style Series is stocked full of easy-to-execute neon moments that will have your guests saying, “OH SNAP!” Anyone who disagrees can talk to the hand.
Wallpaper anchors any good design, and it’s the first step in installation in the design process. Depending on the material of your surface, this may be a breeze or a challenge (check our pro tips below for more on this.) Once your statement wall is up, place your funky furniture in front. Add two inflatable chairs slightly angled into each other to encourage conversation. The inflatable chairs come in different colors, so mix and match as you please! Place the end tables in easy reaching distance from the chairs so drinks can be set down, (coaster please!) Add the finishing touches of the floor mirror and LED diffuser where you need a little more 90’s!
SHOP OUR STYLE
1. Apex Pink Wallpaper from Murals Wallpaper
2. Yvette LED Floor Mirror from Urban Outfitters
3. Mojow Yomi Inflatable Armchair from Houzz
4. Iridescent Acrylic End Table from Homary
5. 3D LED Gala Essential Oil Diffuser from Urban Outfitters
1. Have double-sided wallpaper tape handy for touch-ups in corners where it may not want to stick. 2. Give yourself lots of time for assembly of furniture and follow the instructions carefully! We know that sounds obvious, but you’d be surprised at how easy it is to assemble a chair backward and have to start again from square one. Did we mention patience? 3. Keep the repair patch handy when hosting with inflatable furniture. A tiny puncture hole can bring your whole set up down and can literally deflate the mood. 4. Appeal to the senses – diffusing essential oils can bring in a whole new atmospheric element to your lounge.
Interested in saving this style guide for your future events? Download our style guide today!
Send a ping to our pagers and fax us a photo of our event decor styled your way to be featured on our social channels. Keep up with us on Instagram for more event tips + tricks. Happy styling!